It's fair to say that Justin Robertson is a bit of leg-end. Working behind the counter of record shop Eastern Bloc in Manchester in the early '90s, he's gone on to perform on Top of the Pops as Lionrock, remixed acts like Bjork and the Happy Mondays, and played everything from dub to techno at the world's finest nightspots.
His latest production project as The Deadstock 33s, following aliases such as Gentleman Thief and Revtone, mixes up gritty post-punk disco leftism with a house, techno and electro edge, exactly what you'll find on this podcast. So if you like it, book yourself a flight as Justin will be playing at Unknown in Croatia, which takes place from 10th - 14th September.
1.Will Self - 'The Happy Detective Pt. 4'
2. Headless Ghost - 'Basik Fire'
3. Crimea X - 'Floordance Track'
4. Leonidas Kay Suzuki - 'Momentum'
5. Eddie Mercury - 'All Night Mercury'
6. Future Four - 'Into Orbit (Dark Circles Remix)'
7. Eskimo Twins - 'Modechine'
8. Mome - 'Mr Raw'
9. Markus Gibb - 'Frenzy (Divinie Sound Remix)'
10. Sanfuentes - 'TV Ghost'
11. Artu feat Jerry The Cat - 'Nuclear Funk'
12. Eddie Mercury - 'La Bilirrubina'
13. Alejandro Paz - 'Lavapies'
14. Sanfuentes - 'Phantom Power (Split Secs Remix)'
15. Dan Beaumont - 'Trippy Pumper (Justin Robertson's Deadstock 33s Remix)'
16. Fini Tribe - 'De Testimony (Justin Robertson's Deadstock 33s Remix)'
17. Le Carousel - 'Away (Ivan Smagghe Remix)'
18. Mr Fingers - 'Stars'
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.