A long-standing member of the Hypercolour crew, Laurie Shenoda, or just Shenoda as he's known on his releases, has been gaining momentum alongside the now Bristol-based label.
Following his wicked 'A Homage' EP for their offshoot Losing Suki, which poured US Garage into the musical blender with speed garage and 2-step, swirling out an irresistable ice cold Flake Double 99, his forthcoming 'I Feel' EP for Saint & Sonnets (out 6th May) hones this sound even further, adding a modern twist that sidesteps pastiche. What does that sound like exactly? Well, he's only gone and done this podcast to show you.
1. Lorca - Searching - 2020 Midnight visions
2. Eliphino - I don't care - Hypercolour
3. Blue and Green - Shard in the Hole - Initials
4. Victor Strikes Back - While Im still young - Nice n' Ripe
5. Boddika - Beats Me - Nonplus
6. Citizen - In my Mind - W&O Street Tracks
7. Shenoda - I Feel - Saints and Sonnets
8. IO Sounds - Tough Luck (Blacksmif 'Forge Melded' remix) - Infinite Sounds
9. Fort Romeau - SW9 (Lowtec remix) - Spectral Sound
10. Christopher Rau - Weird Alps - Smallville
11. Tim Toh - He is a dancer - Philpot
12. Kasper - Drums in the deep - 4 Lux
13. Bambounou - Brim - 50 Weapons
14. Kid Smart - R U High - Cross Section
15. Lando Kal - Clockin - We Love Recordings
16. Shenoda - Look for the dub - Hypercolour
17. WNCL - Vibrations - Hypercolour
18. Bonobo - Cirrus - Ninja Tune
19. Shenoda - Rising Sun outro - Hypercolour
Copyright Thrust Publishing Ltd. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.djmag.com as the source.